Úpravy a retušování fotografií
Do you have a CD full of pictures and you need just a few, but
good ones, for you presentation? Do you have old family photos
that need to be scanned and retouched? Then you need our photo
Typical editing procedures include:
- Sizing - adjustment to a required size to
fit the computer screen or output printing size. Some sizing
can be done automatically, but we often prefer to work individually
with each photo, especially if we can also crop.
- Cropping - Cropping eleminates "everything
that doesn't tell the story" - background, furniture
next to the subject, etc. It's simple, fast and always worth
- Sharpening - images which are out of focus
can be sharpend. Also changing image size can cause "fuzzy" look
which can be sharpened by individual adjustment.
- Light balancing - if the picture is too light,
too dark or has a "gray film" over it, the light balancing
can bring it out
- Color balancing - some pictures are unbalanced
in terms of colors, this is especially true of blue overtones
or too much red in people's faces. Oversaturated images can be
toned down to more natural colors, grayish images can be saturated
to "look happier".
there are flaws in the image, it's time to 'airbrush' it - retouch
it. Typical retouching procedures include:
- Red-eye - Red-eye caused by flash is classic.
Results are always best when done "by hand", even if
your fotolab offers automatic red-eye reduction.
- Skin tones often are a problem. White people
should have naturally pink skin, not too red, not too yellow.
Dark skinned people need good lighting to show features properly.
- Skin imperfections - we can air brush wrinkles,
freckles or spots, shiny noses and add a virtual make-up when
you didn't have time to put on the real one.
- Teeth - some smiles expose bad teeth. In close
ups, this may be worth fixing - what the dentist didn't manage,
- Hair - hair is generally hard to air-brush,
because you can see through it and often it would have to be
cut out individually. But if you have an otherwise perfect photo
where wind picked up your hair badly, it may be well worth fixing.
- Body - yes, we can make you thinner. But not
for real, only on the pictures. Again, natural look is the goal
here, rather than making you look suspiciously thin to all who
know you in person.
Restoring Old Photos
Once scanned, old photos, even historic ones, can be restored
back to their original beauty ... or almost. Some of their beauty,
of course, may be precisely their age. Typical restoration procedures
- Dust or stain removal
- Scratches and cracks removal
- Overall tone adjustment
- Balancing dark spots and faded spots
There are times, when you not only need to improve the photo,
you need to actually change it. Typical uses are:
- Cutting out a subject from its background -
e.g. a product picture which was really a snapshot on your kitchen
- Erasing part of the image - such as the waiter
who ended up on your wedding picture next to all your family
- Replacing part of the image - this is especially
useful for fun collages, party invitations etc. You can put your
head on a different body, put a beer mug into your friend's hand
instead of a stirring wheel ... you name it.
More About Photo Editing